My trip to Welshpool, WALES!

04/05/2011
So..even though I live in the UK, I have never been to Wales, Scotland or Ireland, so they're on my list. On the Royal Wedding weekend 28/04/11 - 02/05/11, I decided to cross Wales off my list (it's the closest and therefore cheapest!!)

As part of my job, I book a show that travels all over the UK the Bionic Ear Show and it had just travelled to Wales. the presenter kept going on about the accommodation I booked for him in Welshpool, so thought it would be nice to stay there! (It was also cheap!)
We stayed at the Tynllwyn Farm B&B, which was beautiful! There were sheep around and the hospitality of the owners was amazing! I would definately recommend a stay there!
Here's a video of outside our window


Night 1 - 28/04/2011
We went straight from work, so left around 4:30pm. The journey was meant to take around 3 hours but our train from Birmingham broke down so we had to go another random way!
Had to get this old crusty bus half the way!
 But we finally made it!!!
yay!
We got there at around 9pm, and thought 'lets go get a drink or some food' LOL no where was open! The only place there was open was a chinese restaurant! LOL the B&B owners said 'it's not like London' she was damn right!
the chinese wasn't that nice! :(
Day 2 - 29/04/2011 (royal wedding day)
So on our first full day we woke up at 9am and went down to the best breakfast ever!
Full English, fruit, yogurt, coffee, toast YUM!!
We then HAD to watch SOME of the Royal Wedding...it is a moment in history!
Then we had to decide what we were doing for our trip!
so many options lol
We decided that we would walk around the B&B grounds (to see the sheep!), then go into town to visit the museum, walk down the canal and visit Powis Castle.

the beautiful hotel
all the SHEEP!
beautiful views
The weather wasn't too great, but it was still nice!
It was fun tryna get close to the sheep! Lol, this video shows how scared they are! It's shaky tho coz there was sooo much sheep shit on the floor I had to avoid! LOL I love how they just stare at you!

Anyway, after a walk around we went to town, unfortunately the museum was closed, so we just took a LONG walk down the canal.

We came across ducks with their ducklings and AN EVIL SWAN!! This video shows how evil this swan actually was! Evil swan video The swan kept hassling the poor duck and chased her all over the canal! The poor ducklings got left behind :(

they were sooooooo cute!
came across a horse..
After the LONG walk, we reached a random department store called...
don't ask me to pronounce this!
They sold basically everything! from clothes to snakes! We were lucky as just as we got in they had a 'birds of prey' show on! So we learnt a little about birds!
owl
was kinda scary!


After this, we went to Powis Castle - they showed the Royal Wedding on this GIGANTIC screen:
see it in the background!?
the castle
the grounds were beautiful
Then it was FOOD time! We went back to town and ate at a pub called The Royal Oak..
GIANT Yorkshire Pudding!
mmm mmmm!!

Day 3 - 30/04/2011
Day 3 was an exciting one! slight sarcasm lol we were going on a steam train. it was good to experience but got a bit boring to be honest!
Here's a video of it - The WELSHPOOL & LLANFAIR LIGHT RAILWAY

thomas the tank engine!
It went here:
...and then back to Welshpool.

We also went to the Powisland museum, which was kinda interesting but for a £1 entry it didn't really matter!

they had old photos of the town
old maps
saw this stuff and thought in years time this will be memorabilia from Kate and William's wedding! 
We had a nice walk around town:

me with a Welsh sign
me with a welsh hat!
Then it was food time, went to a restaurant called Ravells - GIGANTIC BURGER!!
hard work!
Day 4: 1/05/2011
Quad Biking!!

So, without sarcasm this time, Day 4 was actually an exciting one!
We were going on Quad bikes..

It was a BEAUTIFUL day!
We couldn't get a cab (all fully booked!) so luckily the B&B owner's parents were going there anyway, so we got a lift with them.
We got there!!
me with all the Quad bikes
and got dressed in the gear!
We started of riding around the fields; it was funny coz we were avoiding sheep along the way!



This was fun! But scary when I realised we were going to drive up some BIG hills next! a group of about 10 boys joined us and I was at the front..I rode onto the side of a hill, thought I was going to drop sideways and got scared! they had to drive me off..then I was so flustered I crashed into someone else!! lol there was no way I was riding up the mad steep hills now!
I rode around smaller hills for a while and when we were going on the huge one I rode on the back of the teacher guy..I'm SOOO glad I did! I didn't feel like dying that day!

Here's some quad biking video footage: Quad biking

The view was BEAUTIFUL: we were actually on a hill in England, and the hill next to us was Wales!!


so high up!
After we came back down there was a BBQ happening mmm mmm

burger
decided to try get close to some sheep again - with NO LUCK!
always running away!
That night, I was WAY too tired to go out - we had takeaway..I had Kebab - I was eating the sheep lol

was yum!
Day 5: 2/05/2011
Our last day :(

Our train was at 3pm, so we had SOME time. We went to Powis castle to try get in this time (was too late last time) - but it was shut again! Fortunately the castle grounds were full of stuff to do.

the castle
There were loads of birds:
this HUGE one!
this cute one
wierd ones! a PEACOCK!
this is an old carriage
There was beautiful countryside
which way?

we came across this beautiful serene lake
 It's so beautiful, see vid: Powis castle lake

I love ducks!
CRAZY! deer ran past us!
Then it was home time!
We went to the station and had 'tea for two' lol

yum
 Then it was the train home :(

My Welsh dragon and sheep found a new home in London :)

No comments:

Post a Comment