Injecting some culture into my life..

19/04/11

Up until VERY recently, I haven't really been a 'museumy' kinda girl! I tended to admire fashion in magazines as art more than the 'real' art!
However, after attending my art class this year, it has kindled an interest.
I therefore attended the V&A museum in South Kensington, London to see if i'd enjoy it!

This is the front of the museum - Swanky!


I took Jeff, and we actually went to get a free drawing class from my art teacher. However, we didn't bring any paper, so we just wandered around the museum instead! It was really interesting even if the 'pieces' didn't entirely make sense!
Here are some pieces that I liked!
This represents victory to me..
lol nice ass!

lol I love this picture!

really tall 'tower of pisa' lookin statue
They have a really nice garden part out the back..


We stayed out there for a while.

I have to say, that my favourite part was the exhibition - The Cult of beauty
I really enjoyed it - it went through the 'image' of beauty through art throughout different decades. Surprisingly (as un-cultured as he is!!) Jeff enjoyed it as well!
This was my favourite picture...It's 'The bath of Psyche' and the story behind it was something like - the woman was so beautiful that she scared off any suitors and got en-captured by her own beauty..

I would recommend visiting museums and would especially recommend this one! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment