Roxbury Nightclub, Croydon review

22/05/11

Roxbury Nightclub, Croydon - Saturday night

I went to Roxbury nightclub last night (21/05/11), and enjoyed it!

Location
It's right in the centre of Croydon and very easy to get to/find! Me and my friend got bus there from Norbury, and it was a short walk to the club from the bus stop..
I MADE her get bus to save money! (she wasn't happy!)


Venue
There's a POLE in there! always a plus for me lol. 
There's 2 floors (from what I could see - there may have been more space inaccessible yesterday).. the downstairs room was the best for me - I didn't need to switch rooms to get a nice mix of music genres.
The bar was never crowded and there was a stage at the front, in front of the DJ. 
Not the 'spangliest' venue, but nice!



Music
The music was REALLY good! I'm a lover of Funky house, Hip-Hop, RnB, Bashment, Reggae, Soca and Garage, and they played selections from ALL of these genres (except Soca - you wouldn't really expect that though!)
I can't remember songs off my head, but they played a good selection of bashment (old and new), old school garage, commercial funky, well-known Reggae, and a wide selection of Hip-Hop and RnB... I was definitely shakin my booty lol..

I got the MOST excited when they played classic oldschool songs, as you can tell by the following tweets! (I really do have a talent for dancing, singing and tweeting at the same time!)


 Laura Ganpot 

 Laura Ganpot 

 Laura Ganpot 

 Laura Ganpot 

 Laura Ganpot 

 Laura Ganpot 

 Laura Ganpot 

 Laura Ganpot 

 Laura Ganpot 

 Laura Ganpot 

 Laura Ganpot 

 Laura Ganpot 

 Laura Ganpot 

 Laura Ganpot 

 Laura Ganpot 

 Laura Ganpot 

 Laura Ganpot 

 Laura Ganpot 

 Laura Ganpot 


 Laura Ganpot 

 Laura Ganpot 

»
 Laura Ganpot 



OH MY GOD!! yes you DID see right! Donell Jones - the LEGEND himself TWEETED ME!!! :)

So all in all, a nice, wide selection, I never wanted to sit down!!

Crowd
The crowd were people with good vibes. There was a fight but it got resolved quickly and Roxbury had a few security men on the dance floor. If you're a girl looking for a good looking guy, I wouldn't recommend this club though! (maybe it was an off night! haha) An actual dance battle started on the dance floor - that was SOOO funny!
he got served!
Value for money
We got there at about midnight, and still only had to pay £5 entry! Drinks were £2.50 all night as well! I was on double Vodka Redbulls the whole night - £4.50 a pop - BARGAIN!

All in all - an enjoyable, good value for money night - Pay it a visit!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment